JoanneIrving

Help with book title

JoanneIrving
I have been talking to people about my book and want to sharpen the message about its' concept.

The current title is :
Stay Centered; Lead and Live with Agility.
How to produce better business outcomes and improve the quality of life for yourself and everyone around you.

I am concerned that "centered" is too woo-woo a term and "agility" is over used as well as having a different connotation than I mean in the IT world. 

I want to convey the idea that the best leaders must have equanimity and be nimble;. that these qualities enable them to produce stellar business outcomes as well a desirable quality of life for themselves and those around them.

What do you think about Gyroscopic Leadership? too weird or obscure? how to include the life part?

Thanks for your feedback and ideas.

Praveen

Lead and Live With Composed Agility

Why the best leaders have equanimity while being nimble

Shlomo Swidler

The Leadership Tango: How being centered, balanced, and in touch with others drives profitable relationships and businesses.

• Like 1

JoanneIrving

So funny you would say that, Shlomo.  I actually was thinking about the tango analogy, but worried that someone who doesn't understand the dance might not get it.  Think  those execs would be interested in learning?  They should be!

Praveen, as always, pithy.  What do you think about the use/over use of "agility" and its' meaning in the IT world?

Praveen

I think that, from the book's context, it won't be confused with the IT meaning.

JeffreyScott

Jody,

Yay for you, I am psyched for you that you are writing a book. Please take this with well meaning, I find your title to be too plain jane and not compelling (Do I want to read a book that tells me to Stay Centered?).   I love the unique and interesting nature of Shlomo's title.

Also, is it about being centered? or finding balance in an off-centered world?

JoanneIrving

I appreciate the feedback, Jeffrey.  Although I feel a bit vulnerable putting it out hete, I want honest opinions,  not flattery.

jkarrh1

Joanne: 

First and foremost, congratulations on getting to this point.

How about something that's aspirational and easy to remember, such as "The Lively Leader: How the Best Stay Nimble to Improve Results for Everyone" ? 

I took the easy route and looked for synonyms for "agile," something that might roll off the tongue and look good on a cover! 

And in the spirit of our community...if it's a lousy idea that doesn't fit you, then you may joyfully ignore it. Good luck!

Jim

JoanneIrving

Thanks so much, Jim. I think I  can definitely use aspects of that idea. Really helpful.