Alan's Forums

Large virtual events

SethKahan

My clients do meetings, some with 1,000s of attendees. Some of those meetings are going virtual or a hybrid of virtual/face2face over the next few months. 

What software are people using for large events? What best practices are emerging? Please share your resources.

Bluejeans says they can engage up to 15k people - anyone have experience with them?

Or the other big players? Who knows what really works for big events?

GoToMeeting
Skype for Business
Zoom
Join.me
Adobe Connect
Webex Meeting
Go2Meeting
Global Meet Collaboration
Blackboard Collaborate
Lifesize Video Conferencing

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alan Weiss

• Sarah Hathorn

• LisaLarter

• Shlomo Swidler

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ll record it this morning. 

Diana happy to zoom call with you to discuss this platform. Let me know if you would like to do this. Happy to share how I use it with high level corporate clients, masterclasses or mastermind groups

Here is a quick overview on how to use Zoom. I do not have the enterprise version like @Sarah Hathorn but I assume the basics are the same. Sarah, let us know if there is anything else you'd like to a

Posted Images

Kim Wilkerson

Boxcast and Livestream. I'm only aware of these. I'm not familiar with their platforms, technology requirements, or specs. 

Sarah Hathorn

I use Zoom and I can take up to 500 people per session. The features I use is to record the session (powerpoint or just live), people can ask Q&A, input questions into the chat box, put them in breakout rooms, and you can have people register for your events so you can capture their email information. They have great support and I use it all the time now to work remotely with client calls and  stream events and masterclasses. 

• Like 1
SethKahan

Thank you Sarah. Which Zoom plan do you have?

Alan Weiss

There is no limit to the number of people who can watch my livestream broadcast, hence my free offer to the general public for March 26. 

Sarah Hathorn

I have the  Enterprise Version. I believe Enterprise Plus can hold 1,000 people. 

Diana
4 hours ago, Sarah Hathorn said:

people can ask Q&A, input questions into the chat box, put them in breakout rooms, and you can have people register for your events so you can capture their email information

How did you become proficient with zoom? I am familiar with zoom for one-on-ones and meetings of 8 - 15, but not the extras you have here.

Sarah Hathorn

Diana, I use it to teach for an hour or 90 minutes if it's a  paid online workshop. I learned how to use it by starting a group mastermind that people pay to a year to join.  I show up and teach once a month and open it up for Q&A. Basically learned by just doing it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
LisaLarter

@Diana I sent you an email. I’m happy to show you how to do all of this with zoom. 

Sarah Hathorn

Diana happy to zoom call with you to discuss this platform. Let me know if you would like to do this. Happy to share how I use it with high level corporate clients, masterclasses or mastermind groups and more. 

Edited by Sarah Hathorn
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Alan Weiss

Lisa Larter has discussed with me putting a tutorial here on the Forums for Zoom use. That's a really generous offer.

• Like 1
LisaLarter

I’ll record it this morning. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
SethKahan

Sarah, I am very interested in what you are doing and would like to learn more.

Sarah Hathorn

Sure Seth. Happy to send you a Zoom invite and show you all the multiple ways I'm using this platform. Send me an email at sarah@hathornconsultinggroup.com and we can set up a call or Zoom session. 

• Like 1
LisaLarter

Here is a quick overview on how to use Zoom. I do not have the enterprise version like @Sarah Hathorn but I assume the basics are the same. Sarah, let us know if there is anything else you'd like to add.  Like Sarah, I'm happy to help if anyone wants to know more about zoom. I use zoom every day, I have regular zoom, and I also have zoom webinar.  

• Like 2
Gary Covert

Thank you Lisa. Very helpful!

• Like 1
GeneMoran

Thank you as well, Lisa. I learned some new things about the platform in your excellent tutorial.

• Like 1
Kim Wilkerson

From my corporate clients: Both Zoom and WebEx are having significant outages, especially east of the Mississippi and in California, along with a few global areas. The geographic areas show up as "problem areas" on each platform's service map. 

For those of you using these platforms, it makes sense to inform your participants in your initial communications and the beginning of your sessions. Not sure if there's an option for a backup plan, but at least people will be informed. 

popky

I noticed Zoom has more than doubled the number of call in numbers available, so I think they are scaling up to handle the volume. They've offered the platform at no charge to all K-12 education systems, so that alone has had a big impact on usage.

Interestingly, the founder of Zoom was also the person who created Webex (which was then bought by Cisco). He knew what worked and didn't work, which is why just about everyone I know says Zoom is much easier to use and more powerful than Webex.

Alan Weiss

I had a Zoom call yesterday with a coaching client in Switzerland and, while okay, it was the worst quality I've ever had on the platform.

LisaLarter

@Diana and I had fun using the whiteboard feature on zoom yesterday too. If whiteboarding is something you need, you can do-contribute to a whiteboard on zoom. 

@Kim Wilkerson If you’re experiencing outages, it’s better to record locally than on the cloud. That way you have a clean recording not impacted by a reduced internet connection. Use of a landline to call in will help keep audio clear too. I do this in NS where my internet is poor. 

Sarah Hathorn

Thanks Lisa for the Zoom session. 

Edited by Sarah Hathorn
deleted text