Alan's Forums

Wins in the Covid Crisis

Alan Weiss

Paula, if you want to do this rapidly and well, use Word. Insert photos or graphics as needed. I'd say 30-50 pages, with a color "cover." Keep in mind you might want to use it in hard copy sometime. What do you mean by "distribution"? Do you mean to whom to send it, or how to send it? The latter seems self-evident.

This thread probably belongs on a different board, it's not really related to virus victories.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Alan Weiss

• Hamish Mackenzie

• JeffreyScott

• PaulEvans

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just signed an $800K engagement.  My focus for the past 6 weeks has been industries positively impacted by Covid. This client has increased growth by 27% since Covid.

I conducted a pro-bono engagement with a regional hospice health care system, which I commenced two weeks ago. They serve about a hundred patients with two dozen nurses and caregivers, and were spendi

- I connected a metal fabricator who had furloughed its 35 staff into a new ventilator manufacturing initiative for which they can make aluminium and polycarbonate parts. - I found a temporary st

Posted Images

Alan Weiss

I have 12 coaching calls today, they average 20-30 minutes. Eight of them are with people who never before engaged with me. I've also completed, after two weeks, a 35-page proposal for a new book on Legacy, including the sample chapter, to send to two new agents.

I'm having one of my best Marches ever. I'm not bragging. I'm telling you what's possible if you innovate new services, overcome doubts and "no money" syndrome, and are fearless in approaching others.

I've also built four models, improved my train layout, and read four books. I don't want to tell you how much I've drunk.

Oh, yeah: And two livestream events, two Sentient Zoom training certifications and one Zoom feature for the Forums.

Alan Weiss

For the month of March I have a total of $85 in cash business expenditures, which is the lowest in my 44 years of consulting.

• Like 1
Aviv Ben-Yosef

I think that, opposed to many of us here, you’re not taking advantage of these times to invest in your own self development!

• Like 1
Alan Weiss

(After getting up off the floor)

You pay cash for your own self-development? Jesus saves, but Moses invests....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
PaulEvans
4 hours ago, Alan Weiss said:

For the month of March I have a total of $85 in cash business expenditures

Fantastic! That's the profit margin indicator we should all focus on!

• 3 weeks later...
PaulEvans

Just signed an $800K engagement. 

My focus for the past 6 weeks has been industries positively impacted by Covid. This client has increased growth by 27% since Covid.

• Like 6
patrickdaly

Wow! Fantastic!

rayhodge

That’s awesome Paul. 

Alan Weiss

Nice going!!

Some authorities speculate that Shakespeare wrote King Lear while in quarantine!

• Like 1
richmartin

Add my congratulations Paul.

Newton invented calculus and his theory of gravity while in isolation from Cambridge when an outbreak of bubonic plague was ravaging England.

Alan Weiss

Cole Porter wrote At Long Last Love while on the ground, thrown by a horse in a terrible accident that plagued him for life, awaiting help to come along.

PaulEvans

There is never a negative environment only the opportunity of the current circumstances. 

Fortunately those of us is In the forum see how we can multiply any situation for the client’s benefit. 

• Like 1
ColleenFrancis

Congratulations Paul! That's a nice win regardless of the situation!

Roberta Matuson

That's awesome @PaulEvans! Congratulations! Can you tell us more? What will you be doing for this organization? Is this your first gig with them?

Alan Weiss

Paul, could you see Million Dollar Consulting® as an online course? 

PaulEvans

Hi Alan,

Absolutely in terms of high level fundamental requirements of consulting. Whether it's a course or a growth experience I feel that a 12 week process would be beneficial to those wanting to move from $0-$100K.

Here's what I did in the past for speakers...

image.png.3e53fa35e17472c26efc969129cf278c.png

That's a high level overview of a process from my personal experience. It's a 9 week experience from the top down.

However, it's content and cannot get into detailed context produced by each individual's specific situation.

Back to Million Dollar Consulting. Taking the book and making it a course would be advantageous in terms of increased income, but more importantly a greater number of personal clients. 

The workshops and teleconferences in Growth Access could be applied to various frameworks like above - resulting in instant "courses."

PaulEvans
48 minutes ago, Roberta Matuson said:

Can you tell us more? What will you be doing for this organization? Is this your first gig with them?

Roberta ,

This particular work is for a company looking to prepare and position to sell. Top line of $500M. 

The primary focus is helping the owner elevate the 7 value drivers in order to sell for a maximum multiple. This company needs to focus on customer concentration, defendable financials and owner independence. 

The agreement is for 12 months with a 6 month extension if needed. The goal is to go to market in 18 months.

• Like 1
Alan Weiss

Paul, if you want to talk about MDC as an online program, offline, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
JeffreyScott

My biggest win - and this is a long time coming - I have started having al lmy prospect meetings by Zoom (instead of phone) and it is working much better.

For example, Met yesterday with husband and wife, wife zoomed in from home, and it worked extremely well and got the verbal yes from both of them after we discussed fees.

This is one of those thing I should have done  years ago when Alan first told us to not sell by phone. I kept selling by phone because it worked, but zoom works  better.

Paula McCarthy

Hi Jeff, well done.

Just signed up first Sentient Client, a client of 3 years who has been reflecting on the need to get strategic in response to Covid, 10 year anniversary of their formation. Threw in Vision/Values as bonus extra 1/2 day. 

Loved the 2x 1/2 day format!  Paula

• Like 1